Dolly Wink No. 6 Baby Cute Review
was posted at 8:01 PM with 0 comments
So recently I joined the Tsubasa Masuwaka Lookalike Competition hosted by Shibuya Gals and Dolly Wink (Koji). Tsubasa Masuwaka is one of my favourite gyaru models and I think all her lashes are pretty amazing! They really do a good job on giving one the perfect dolly look! However, her lashes are ~pretty pricey~ so I usually use upper lashes from Diamond Lash (review here). Hence, for this competition, I decided to splurge and try her lower lash collection since I've yet to find lower lashes that I love.


Dolly Wink No. 6 Baby Cute

I chose No. 6 Baby Cute because I've been dying to try it out. The packaging is simply adorable and easy to remove! No scissors involved at all! Below is how I look with the lashes (and blusher for the first time in my life for the 'blushing cheek effect' which Tsubasa always have!)!

First shot at camwhoring!

Love love love the effect it helps my eyes achieve! They look super natural yet dramatic at the same time (how is that even possible but argh, I can't think of how to describe it!). However, no matter how much I loved it, the application is horrible! I prefer strip lashes and had a hard time fumbling with the tiny pieces (each lower lash has a bunch of 6 individual pieces). Not to mention, they fly away too easily so please avoid the fan during application! And tweazers are definitely mandatory (usually I apply with my hands).

Copying the poses in Japanese magazine #fail

Although the lashes are pricey and not always available in Watsons, I am tempted to purchase another set of lower lashes from Dolly Wink (because I loved the effect!). And I'm definitely trying out her 'Otona' series where the lower lashes come in strips instead (laughs). I heard that they are cheaper in Taiwan so I can't wait to stock them up on my trip this December!

Overall Conclusion
Packaging: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Application: 3/5 (I just need to invest more time in applying it)
Effect: 5/5
Total: 4/5

If you're someone with greater patience and precise handling of small pieces, these lashes are definitely suitable for you! And one last camwhore shot before I end the post...

Another look with the lashes~

Ciao!

PS: You can vote for my entry here.

Labels: , ,