University
was posted at 3:59 AM with 0 comments
I don't usually write about serious posts because I only want to remember happy fluffy memories, but this issue has been weighing on my mind for a long time - University. I think all my friends by now should know how badly I want to enter NUS FASS to major in Japanese Studies (and NUS happens to be the only university to offer this unique course).

Yesterday while eating with my sister, I was complaining about how nervous I am about the appeal results (again) and this is what my sister said to me:
You ought to be contented with your current course and treat the results of your NUS Appeal as an additional bonus if your appeal is successful. If you're always puting NTU's LMS as a second choice, you'll never be happy since you will always be comparing with NUS's Japanese Studies and possibly having unrealistic thoughts (since you never did undertake that course and the grass is always greener on the other side).
I have to admit that I'm a little ashamed of my thinking till she said that to me...

Hence, I decided to change the way I'm viewing this issue. No matter what university I eventually end up with, I sure hope that it will be a school that can offer me four years of fruitful studying (and great memories)! After all, university nearly marks the end of our education journey in Singapore, and I don't want to leave the system with a snowball of regrets! Of course, if I'm accepted by NUS, I'll be over the moon! However, I shouldn't be thinking like a pessimist if I'm rejected in my appeal; I just have to look forward to my education at NTU!

And as the saying goes...
One door closed is another door opened.
Wise words indeed. Moreover, life doesn't stop at university admission. There's still much more challenges that awaits you!